Morinaga Group Code of Conduct
In conducting daily activities based on our corporate principles, we have positioned trust with stakeholders including our customers as the most precious value for us.
In order to earn the trust of our stakeholders, it is important that we continue to provide products and services that contribute to resolving social issues while placing the utmost priority on creating excellent quality products and ensuring customer safety and well-being. It is also important that we proactively engage in activities to preserve the global environment and contribute to society with the purpose of fulfilling our corporate social responsibility and public mission, and that we strive to realize a sustainable society.
As a prerequisite, we are required to act based on our corporate principles in compliance with the corporate Code of Conduct, laws and ordinances, and internal regulations. We will fully understand the Code of Conduct, and conduct our daily activities accordingly. In addition, we will establish an open corporate culture, and live up to the trust that our stakeholders place in us.
- 1. Promote management that lives up to customer's trust and ensure excellent product quality together with safety and reliability
- We will thoroughly implement the management that lives up to the trust of our customers while developing and providing products, services, and information that contribute to society and placing the utmost priority on excellent product quality together with safety and reliability.
- 2. Strictly comply with the corporate Code of Conduct, laws and ordinances, and internal regulations
- We will comply with the corporate Code of Conduct, laws and ordinances, and internal regulations in accordance with social conventions and norms.
- 3. Undertake business activities based on fair, transparent, and free competition
- We will undertake business activities based on fair, transparent, and free competition.
- 4. Place the utmost importance on communication
- In addition to maintaining good communication with all stakeholders (customers, society, suppliers, business partners, employees, and shareholders), we will ensure the reliability of accounting and financial reports, endeavor to enhance the transparency of management, and disclose corporate information in a proactive and accurate manner.
- 5. Give careful consideration to the global environment
- We will incorporate environmental considerations into every aspect of our business activities in order to promote the formation of a sustainable and recycling-oriented society.
- 6. Participate in and contribute to society
- We will actively participate in society as a good corporate citizen and contribute to its sustainable development.
We will also actively work with our stakeholders to support the healthy growth of children, who will be the leaders of the future.
- 7. Thoroughly manage crises
- We will thoroughly respond to crises that threaten the order and safety of society, such as anti-social forces, terrorism, and natural disasters. We will not have any relationship with anti-social forces.
- 8. Respect human rights
- We will respect the human rights of all people regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, community, education, beliefs, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, health status, and will not engage in discriminatory treatment. Moreover, we will never allow discriminatory treatment.
- 9. Improve the workplace environment
- We will respect the diversity, individuality and humanity of the people who we work with, and promote the creation of a comfortable and rewarding work environment that takes health and safety into consideration.
- 10. Practice the Code of Conduct
- Corporate officers and top management will, based on the recognition that putting the spirit of the Code of Conduct into practice is their role, take the initiative in building an effective internal control system and familiarizing employees with the Code of Conduct, thereby proving Morinaga worthy of customer trust.
In the unlikely event of a breach of the Code of Conduct, we will promptly evaluate and determine the materiality and the scope of the breach. In addition to implementing all necessary measures, including the swift and accurate disclosure of information, we will endeavor to identify the root causes and implement preventive measures.
We will also clarify responsibilities and ensure strict disciplinary action as warranted.
Date of enforcement: June 12, 2001
Revised on April 1, 2003
Revised on January 1, 2008
Revised on April 1, 2021